Sad news for all the aficionados of traditional homemade bread. There is a new decadent dough in town and is ready to please all sorts of tastes. Pull-apart bread (also known as monkey bread) has become the latest trend in the bread-making world by combining simplicity and flavor. This innovative delicacy is also versatile since it can turn into a crowd-pleasing appetizer for all types of occasions, from a kid’s birthday party to a casual night at home with friends.
Pull-apart bread’s flavor can taste anything from sweet and dessert-like to salty and sour. The taste depends on the ingredients you choose to include each time. In particular, you can add anything you enjoy eating, from cheese, bacon and garlic to Nutella, marshmallows, and Oreos.
What is also charming about this fresh-baked dish is that your guests and family members can dive in it using nothing but their hands. So, not only will they love its taste (different each and every time), but they will also award you with the title of the “coolest host.”
Now that you have learned the ropes around this easy-to-make appetizer, it is high time you got your hands on a simple recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to whip up. So, if you are on the lookout for a quick and easy-to-follow recipe, there is no doubt that this one fits the bill.
To make thing more convenient, this pull-apart pizza bread recipe contains ingredients that can be found in anyone’s pantry. Remember to serve this delicious snack with a side sauce such as marinara (pasta sauce) for a more bold and edgy flavor.
On a side note, keep in mind that it doesn’t matter whether you tweak an already-made loaf of bread or bake one from scratch. It’s the ingredients you stuff the bread (or dough) with that can make the difference. So, make sure you choose “rock star” ingredients and your guests will shower you with compliments.
The Ultimate Pull-Apart Pizza Bread Recipe
Ready In: 40 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cans of pizza dough
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of cheese, shredded (preferably a mix of mozzarella and Parmesan)
- 10 slices of pepperoni (you can replace with turkey, salami or sausage)
- a handful of sliced black olives
- ¼ tsp of dried oregano
- ¼ tsp of dried basil
- ¼ tsp of dried rosemary
- ½ tsp of garlic powder (optional)
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut pizza dough into quarters.
- Cut the pepperoni slices into smaller pieces.
- In a bowl, add olive oil, 2 cups of the cheese mix, pepperoni, sliced black olives, seasoning and optionally garlic powder.
- Mix them ingredients well until they are combined evenly.
- Once mixed, add the pizza dough pieces so that each piece is coated with olive oil.
- Spread the coated pizza dough all over a Pyrex baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pizza dough turns brown.
- Remember to sprinkle the remaining cheese (1 cup) on top of your pull-apart pizza bread 5 minutes before you turn off the oven.