You’ve probably heard about the health benefits of cottage cheese. And you probably know that cottage cheese is considered to be one of the healthiest foods to eat for breakfast.
Cottage cheese is packed with protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, sodium, zinc, and many other nutrients that keep your body up and running.
I love to eat cottage cheese for breakfast. But it’s best to combine it with other foods to make your breakfast even more nutritious and more delicious.
Do you know what combines with cottage cheese the best? Strawberries!
No, seriously. Add a few strawberries to cottage cheese and you get a distinctly different taste of your breakfast. For those who want to satisfy their sweet tooth, you could add some syrup to your taste.
But I’ve decided to take it to a new level and make strawberry bruschettas with cottage cheese. And to fancy it up, add some chocolate-coated strawberries in the mix!
- Strawberries – 100 g
- Peaches – 1 medium
- Cottage cheese – 100 g with creamy texture
- Baguette – 8 pieces
- Chocolate syrup or any other syrup – to taste
- Strawberries – 150 g
- Dark chocolate – 75 g
- Grated pistachios – ½ tbsp
- Grill the pieces of baguette on a grill pan until brown (or do it in the oven or even using a toaster).
- While the pieces of baguette are still warm, spread some cream-textured cottage cheese on each of them.
- Cut the strawberries and peaches into thin slices.
- Pour some chocolate syrup on top of the strawberries and peaches.
- Now let’s fancy it up with chocolate-coated strawberries. Melt the chocolate in a water bath.
- Wash and clean the strawberries. Let them dry.
- Stick strawberries on toothpicks or bamboo skewers.
- Dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate or pour the chocolate over the strawberries using a spoon.
- Put the toothpicks onto a plate. Now sprinkle the grated pistachios over the chocolate-coated strawberries.
- Let the strawberries dry.
- Now you can serve your strawberry-packed breakfast to your loved or eat it all yourself!